Lantana is a town in Palm Beach County, Florida, United States. The population was 9,437 at the 2000 census. As of 2004, the population recorded by the U.S. Census Bureau is 10,389.
The first settlers came to the area after Congress passed the Armed Occupation Act of 1842 at the end of the Seminole Wars during the Administration of President John Tyler. The M.B. Lyman family is credited with founding the town. Lyman arrived with his family in 1888 and within a year started several enterprises including a general store, Indian Trading Post and a post office. As postmaster, Lyman named the post office – Lantana Point – for the wild Lantana plants that grew in abundance in the area. The word Point was later dropped.
One of the other Lyman businesses was the Lantana Fish Company. In the early 1900s the gathering and marketing of oysters became the town’s leading industry. The Town of Lantana was incorporated in 1921 with 22 residents voting in the first election. At the time of incorporation, the area of Lantana was one square mile with a population of 100 residents.
Lantana Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Lantana
Sold Listings in Lantana
- 806 E Windward Way, Unit 515 Lantana, FL 33462
- 806 E Windward Way, Unit 206 Lantana, FL 33462
- MLS # A10405495 Lantana, FL 33462
Walk Score for Lantana
Lantana School Data
Lantana School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.
- Lantana Elementary School
- PK-5, public
- Lantana Middle School
- 6-8, public
- Santaluces Community High School
- 9-12, public
- Cornerstone Christian Academy
- PK-12, private
- Royal Palm School
- PK-12, public
- Guided Path Academy Charter School
- K-5, charter
- Lantana Middle Adult Education Center
- n/a, public
- Santaluces High Adult Education Center
- n/a, public
- The Palm Beach Academy for Learning
- K-2, charter
- Palm Beach Maritime Academy High School
- 9-12, charter